Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Baked Fried Chicken

I could never be a vegetarian because I LOVE LOVE LOVE fried chicken. It is my ultimate favorite thing to eat, give me fried chicken and I'll be your friend forever. When I saw this recipe for fried chicken on Pintrest I had to try it! The recipe come from the blog Our Life Uncommon, this recipe was great because you could make however much you wanted with it! 


I just used 2 smaller chicken breast, and soaked them in the milk for 20-30 minutes like the recipe said. 

The recipe called for using a stick of butter to melt in the pan, to me that seemed a lot. I used a half a stick, it melted and I though wow that is still a lot of butter! But believe me you need it! When the chicken cooks the butter cooks as well so if you don't have enough butter then your chicken will stick to the pan. 

For the breading I used the ingredients it gave;  1/2 tsp. Salt, 1 T Season All 3/4, tsp Pepper, 1 c. Flour,
2 tsp. Paprika. I also added onion powder and some corn flakes to make it extra crunchy! Taste the mixture, if it is too strong then add some flour to dilute it. 

Then just put it in the oven! I cooked it at 350 cause I was only using 2 pieces, and I didn't want it to cook as fast. I had some mashed potatoes and a Caesar salad on the side! I would put a picture up, however Alex ate it too fast for me to catch a good one. He liked it more and more with each bite! 

Happy eating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment