Monday, December 12, 2011

Cooking for Two

With Alex working at nights, I have started trying to cook new things to occupy my time. Pintrest has some amazing recipes and I love seeing what I can make that is cheap and easy. Most of the recipes out there are for 6-8 people! Alex and I are big eaters, but there is no way we can pound down huge amounts like that. Believe me we tried.

I would consider Alex and I to be naturals at cooking. I have started cooking since I was young, my mother set the example of how to be a wonderful cook and to try anything, no matter if you think it sounds gross. My earliest memories of cooking was in Young Womens. We would get together to cook, and plan meals for the week. I learned how to make some yummy pies, cook a meal under 5 dollars, and much more. Alex started cooking when he was on his mission to the Baltics. On his mission he never got fed by members, in my opinion this turned out to be a huge blessing! Cooking to him was a huge stress relief, Alex learned to cook with some scarce ingredients, but he is amazing to have in the kitchen.

This blog it to give other couples ideas and recipes that they can actually use. Through my trials of cooking, hopefully you guys can make some great food. I'm excited to start and be able to help others! If any of you guys want me to try something just leave me the recipe and I'll give it a whirl.

Mariah

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great idea. My in-law's just recently gave us a "cookbook for 2". I wasn't able to try anything out of it yet, but it sounds like a great help. I am very interested in your "under $5" recipes and look forward to those "for 2"-recipes. Well, I hope you enjoy writing this food journal, I'll enjoy following it :D

    ReplyDelete